Although Eden Hazard hasnít been at his sparkling best this season, there have been glimpses in recent matches of the skill and ability that the attacker possesses. We take a look at seven interesting facts about the Belgian international that you may not have been aware of.
7. Eden Hazard became the first non-French footballer to win the Ligue 1 Best Player award, going on to retain it the following year after consistently performing for Lille.
6. Hazard shares the record for the highest number of consecutive penalty conversions, sharing the title with Dimitar Berbatov. They both scored 9 in a row.
5. Hazardís mother was a professional footballer in the Womenís Belgian First Division. After falling pregnant with Eden, she retired from playing in order to raise her newborn son.
4. He has three brothers, including Thorgan Hazard, who joined Chelsea shortly after Eden.
3. Hazard is an NBA fanatic, and follows the New York Knicks. His favourite player is Carmelo Anthony, although he has admitted to never seeing a live match.
2. Before Hazard played for Belgium, the French Football Association tried to persuade him to play for them instead.
1. He once reduced a 79-year-old Belgium fan to tears after sending her a signed shirt and video message after hearing of her passion for football.