Text messages are usually very important as they may have witnessed the of relationship between you and your boyfriend or girlfriend, have recorded an important moment in your life, or even give evidence for some disputes. However, many of us may encountered the problems of data loss in our daily life. Like factory setting restore (device reset), iPhone damaged, crashed or smashed for whatever reason, system crashed, ROM flashing, Misoperation /deleted data accidentally, Jailbreak , New system updated(iOS 8 updating), stuck in black / white screen of death, and virus attack, etc.
Of course, it has great possibility to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone if you backed up your iPhone before. If not, also it is possible to get the lost messages back with the help of a powerful and useful tool.
1.Restore Deleted Text Messages from Files of Backup.
(a), Restoring deleted text messages from iTunes backup.
Simply run iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer, then navigate to File > Devices > Restore from Backup.
(b), Recover from iCloud backup.
Log in your iCloud account and then go to Setting > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings, and then click "Restore from iCloud Backup".
(c), If you failed in above ways, you can try another simple as well as free way, which is retrieving and extracting data from iTunes backup by using 3-rd party tool. Some iTunes Backup Extractor works well. As I known, It seems only newbielink:http://www.itunesextractor.com/ [nonactive]
is free. You can search in Google and give it a try. It can freely newbielink:http://www.itunesextractor.com/access-read-iphone-backup-files-on-pc.html [nonactive]
like text messages from iPhone backup without connecting iPhone to the computer.
Step 1. Download, install and run the Jihosoft iTunes Backup Extractor on your computer. The freeware will automatically check all iTunes backup file on your computer, select the one you want to extract files and tap “Next” to the following step.
Step 2. Specify File Types you need to extract from iTunes backup. In this step, simply select messages and messages attachments. Or you can select all, then click “Next” to go to the scanning process.
Step 3. Preview and extract files from iTunes backup. After scanning finishes, view and check the SMS messages stored on the backup. Finally click “Recover” to export/save them on your computer.
2.Restore Lost Text Messages without Backups.
Commonly, you cannot get text messages backup once you have deleted unless you get help from data recovery tool for iOS. Third-party recovery tool strongly recommended here is newbielink:http://www.jihosoft.com/recovery/ios-data-recovery.html [nonactive]
, which is specially designed to recover deleted/lost data from iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch directly.
You may also want to know: newbielink:http://www.jihosoft.com/android/android-phone-recovery.html [nonactive]
1. Restore text messages from backup. If you regularly back your Android Phone . Sync with your backup to get them back.
2.If you don't have available backups, I guess you have to turn to a tool. Third-party recovery tool strongly recommended here is Jihosoft Mobile Recovery for Android, which is specially designed to recover deleted/lost data from Android smartphone and tablets.Tips:
1. By using this Free iPhone Backup Extractor, you’ll not only extract and retrieve the text messages, but also any other data containing in the backup. For example, you can restore contacts from iPhone backup.
2. To avoid accidental loss of your SMS messages on iPhone, immediate and regular backup is very important and useful. Apple iTunes and iCloud did great job. Also, you can rely on third-party applications to transfer and backup iPhone messages.
3. If your iPhone backup is encrypted, you still can view the messages in the program by entering the right password. To export messages to your computer, you need upgrade to the Pro version.
4. Usually, the text messages deleted/ lost will not disappear immediately, just become invisible. I strongly suggest that you stop using your phone after data loss to prevent the storage space be overwritten by new content.