Some might take this article as very ridiculous but Researchers claim having a fat/wide head
could actually help you score more goals as a Footballer.
- Researchers analysed 1,000 players from 2010 South Africa World Cup
- They measured each of the faces on a facial-width-to-height ratio (FWHR)
- FWHR is the distance between the cheekbones divided by the distance between the mid-brow and the upper lip
- Players with a high FWHR were more likely to score, but also commit fouls
- Past studies have shown FWHR is associated with aggressive behaviour
- It is thought that the wider shape indicates higher levels of testosterone
Wayne Rooney, Mario Balotelli and Frank Lampard are successful footballers because their faces are the optimum shape.
Thatís according to new research, which compared the facial-width-to-height ratios (FWHRs) of high-ranking footballers to their on-pitch record.
They also discovered players with Fat/Wide head commits more fouls during matches.
Could this claim be true?
Researchers from the University of Colorado at Boulder analysed 1,000 players from 32 countries at the 2010 South Africa World Cup. They measured each of the players' faces on a FWHR chart (pictured). FWHR is the distance between the cheekbones divided by the distance between the mid-brow and the upper lip
Footballer Peter Crouch (left) has a low-ratio face, while Frank Lampard's face scores higher on the FWHR scale. Both midfielders and forwards with greater FWHRs were more likely to commit fouls
What do you think?