- Meet DJI Pro That Videos In 4K And Is As Small As A "Standard WaterBottle"
The new Mavic Pro by DJI can be operated with a remote controller for long-range uses, or simply with your smart phone if you’re not planning to fly it far. For the latter, the drone can go from folded up to in flight in less than a minute.
The camera system on the Mavic Pro features the company’s smallest-ever 3-axis gimbal for stabilization. The 12-megapixel, 4K autofocus camera has a minimum focusing distance of 19 inches (0.5m), can be flipped 90-degrees into portrait mode, and can shoot DNG RAW photos. The camera uses the same sensor as the Phantom 4, shooting 4K video at 30 fps and full 1080p HD at 96 fps. The field of view is a little smaller, shrinking from 94 degrees down to 78.
The amazing thing about the Mavic Pro is that, while it shrinks the physical form factor of a DJI drone down significantly, it doesn’t sacrifice any of the advanced features that make the Phantom series so popular. You still get sensors on the front and bottom, providing you with obstacle avoidance, subject tracking, autonomous landing, and stability indoors without GPS.
SPECIFICATION OF THE MAVIC PRO DRONE
- Has a new OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range.
- It can fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.
- Comes with 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footage.
- ActiveTrack, TapFly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless.
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.
- Users can use Phone over Wi-Fi for even easier flight.
The Mavic Pro would be available for$749 on October, the bundling it with DJI’s controller brings the cost to $999.