The aim of this tutorial is to tell you how you can remove IT policy on your blackberry bold,this problem is mostly faced when someone buy second hand phone and it may affect some of your Application,mostly some social Apps.
So when you start receiving this error often,its so boring. An IT policy allows a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
administrator of your company/employer to allow and restrict various things on a BlackBerry
smartphone, such as being able to use the camera or install apps and games from the BlackBerry App
World™ storefront. In the event that you no longer have your personal BlackBerry smartphone
activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can optionally remove the obsolete IT policy
so any previously restricted features will be free to use.
1. Connect the smartphone to the computer.
2. Close BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC if it is open.
3. From the Start menu, click Programs ->Accessories -> Command Prompt.
Note: If you are using Windows® Vista™ or Windows® 7, you might need to right-click
the Command Prompt application and choose ”Run as Administrator”.
4. Find the Apploader folder by typing cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
and then pressing Enter.
Note: For computers using a 64-bit version
of Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader instead
5. Type loader.exe /resettofactory
Note: Enter your BlackBerry smartphone password if prompted.
6. Note that after entering this command, the AppLoader folder path is shown again.
This means the command was run successfully, which means that the BlackBerry smartphone
will restart and begin a wipe process which will remove the IT policy.
After completing these steps, you will no longer have an IT policy applied to your BlackBerry
smartphone, so you can restore your data and continue using your device.