HOW TO FLASH/HARD FORMAT ANDROID PHONES (TECHNO)
Switch off the phone, press and hold the POWER KEY and the VOLUME UP KEY at the same time, wait until you see a MENU appear on the screen before you release your hand from the keys.
On that MENU you will see an option that shows DATA WIPE/FACTORY RESET
use the volume key to scroll down "because at this stage the screen touch will not work" now use the POWER KEY
to select DATA WIPE/FACTORY RESET
Another MENU will appear and you will see some option NO, NO, NO arrange vertically scroll down using the volume key to were you see DELETE ALL USER DATA
then use the power key to select then wait for it to finish and it would take you back to the 1st MENU.
Now scroll to REBOOT PHONE NOW
and use the POWER KEY
to select the option then wait for your phone to REBOOT..
thats it Flash Done!Note
= When you enter the 1st menu you cant go back because it will wipe off your data even if you only click on reboot phone now unless you remove the battery and put it back so make sure you know exactly what you are doing.How to unbrick / fix a bricked Tecno phone (stuck at Tecno boot logo / image)First try a cache wipe and factory reset in recovery mode (switch off the phone > press volume increase button and don't release > press power button and keep holding down both buttons > Don't release till you enter recovery mode which will either show clockworkmod or an Android robot lying on its back) or find out how to boot your phone into recovery mode. If Wiping cache partition and factory reset don't help, then try either of the two methods below: A. Direct Backup & Reset MethodThe easiest method is to:
1. Get a phone of the same type that isn't bricked
2. Boot the good phone into recovery mode (switch off the phone > press volume increase button and don't release > press power button and keep holding down both buttons > Don't release till you enter recovery mode which will either show clockworkmod or an Android robot lying on its back) or find out how to boot your phone into recovery mode
3. Go to Backup and restore
4. Select Backup then yes to confirm
5. After Backup is complete, copy the backup file / folder from the SD card of the good phone to the SD card of the bricked phone AND MAINTAIN THE FOLDER STRUCUTRE (For clockworkmod backup, copy the entire clockworkmod folder while for stock recovery backup, copy the backup with the exact folder structure as in the good phone)
6. Boot the bricked phone into recovery mode
7. Go to backup and restore
8. Select Restore
9. Select the backup you just copied and click yes to confirm
10. Your Tecno phone should come back to life
# If successful, the bricked phone will look exactly like the good one (settings and all) so you could do a factory reset
# If you get an md5 mismatch error, then make sure that both phones are either on stock recovery or on custom recovery. You'll get an error backing up with one type of recovery and restoring with another type of recovery
# Most people get a mismatch error even when both phones are on stock recovery; in such a case, use the second method below
If the above method doesn't work, then use method B:
B. Clockworkmod Flashing method
* Note : I'll assume the phone was rooted before it got bricked, it has USB debugging enabled and it doesn't yet have clockworkmod recovery.
1. Download PdaNet
2. Download MTK Droid tools
2b. Get the the boot.img for your phone type from someone who has the same phone as your bricked one (via MTK tools backup) or download boot.img file for your Tecno phone.
3. If USB debugging was enabled before the phone got bricked then put on the bricked phone then connect it to your PC (don't mind that its stuck at the Tecno logo)
4. While the phone is connected, install PdaNet on your PC
5. Still with the phone connected, launch MTK Droid tools and extract its contents (take note of where they are being extracted to)
6. Open the MTK Droid tools folder and launch MTK Droid tools (green logo)
7. MTK Droid tools should display your phone's details and the box at the bottom should be yellow
8. Click root at the bottom, select Yes to any prompt and wait till the box turns green
9. When the box turns green, click on the root, backup, recovery tab
10. Click to choose boot.img file
11. Click Recovery and Boot then navigate to the boot.img from 2b and select it
12. Click yes to every prompt
13. When asked, click yes to boot into recovery mode
14. You should now have Clockworkmod recovery installed on the bricked Tecno phone from which you can do a restore, wipe cahe partiton, wipe davlink cache, reset to factory state or flash a new stock or custom ROM
15. Get the Clockworkmod backup of a good phone of the exact model as the bricked phone then follow the steps in method A.
16. If you don't have the working clockworkmod backup for the bricked phone but can lay your hands on a good phone of the exact model as the bricked one then click on this link -->Clockworkmod for Tecno phones by Hovatek to flash clockworkmod to the good phone then go back to method A.
C. Phone wasn't rooted before bricking
If the phone wasn't rooted before it got bricked then boot into recovery mode (follow procedure above) and do a data wipe / factory reset.